Virtual Speakers & Instructors
WHO SHOULD APPLY ?
We are looking for speakers and instructors to:
- Teach workshops in the areas of knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning, etc
- Provide demonstrations of tools and/or skill techniques.
- Lecture on topics related to yarn crafts (such as events in the fiber/textile arts community, history of crafting, etc.).
Classes should teach a skill, technique or project. Attendees should come away with a swatch, sample, and/or handout to show what they covered in the class.
Your Adventure as a Virtual Speaker Awaits!
LIVE EVENT FORMAT
Camp Yarnsie offers two LIVE instructional formats:
- Workshop: Where you see and hear the attendees, and the attendees can hear and see you. You can mute/unmute the attendees as needed, etc. A Camp Yarnsie Moderator will be present to supervise the chat, support the instructor by conveying questions from chat and assist with muting/unmuting participants as necessary.
- Lecture. A 1 webinar format where the attendees can hear and see you; however, you cannot see or hear the attendees. Communicate from the attendees is provided through the chat feature. A Camp Yarnsie Moderator will be present to supervise the chat and support the lecturer by conveying questions from the audience.
All Live Workshops are a 2 hour commitment and all webinar lectures are a 1 hour commitment; spanning from 9:00 am to 9 pm EST. If your workshop is longer than 2 hours or your webinar lecture is longer than 1 hour, please indicate the duration of your session on your application form, and arrangements can be made.
If accepted, you will receive a notification email and a PayPal invoice for your virtual room fee. You have 48 hours to pay your virtual room fee. The virtual room fee of $30.00 includes 30 minutes of live tech support, invitation to our live webinar training, a BlueJeans virtual meeting room with a Camp Yarnsie moderator for your session.
Once payment has been received, you will receive a email containing your assigned date/time for your workshop or lecture session, dates for the live tech webinar, and other important information.
Camp Yarnsie uses BlueJeans by Verizon, which is a video conferencing platform similar to Zoom, for all virtual speaker events. For more information on BlueJeans click here.